Primarily a book designer, I also oversee websites, brand identities, record covers, exhibition designs, user experience, videos and animations, amongst other things.
Since 2011 I have worked full-time at Penguin Press in London, creating book covers and text designs for the Penguin, Penguin Classics, Pelican, Particular and Allen Lane imprints.
In my ‘spare’ time I take on freelance work for a broad range of clients, including the Royal Society of Arts, National Portrait Gallery and the British Film Institute.
I pride myself on solving visual communication problems — taking something complex and making it distinctive, recognisable and easy to use and understand.
- Wallpaper*, Designs of the Year, 2018
- Creative Review Annual, Best of the Year, 2017, 2015, 2012
- British Book Design and Production Award, 2016
- Futurebook Award, 2016
- D&AD Wooden Pencil, 2015 (x2)
- LOVIE Award, 2015 (x2)
- Bookseller, Rising Star, 2015
- D&AD Yellow Pencil, 2010
- Creative Review, Graduate of the Year, 2010
- 3rd Place, Cornish Pasty Eating Competition, Fowey Festival, 2007
Design bucket list
- Book covers
- Posters on the London Underground
- Record covers
- Short films
- Postage stamps
- Museum / Gallery exhibition design
- Large-scale mural
- Text-design for a dictionary / encyclopaedia
- Wine labels
- Children’s Books
- Editorial illustrations for a magazine / newspaper
- Wayfinding and signage
- Transport livery